This assignment is the fourth in a series of 4 assignments on the same topic. The assignments build upon each other.
As described you wrote two articles (Parts 1 and 2) as if you were an investigative reporter who has been assigned to research important issues (ethnic, racial, gender, or class) that are affecting people in a local area, workplace, or specific part of the world. The articles are for a major publication (magazine or newspaper). Your goal was to provide both an in-depth analysis of and put a human face on an issue. After publication, your editor has asked that you provide a summary of your articles using Google Slides or PowerPoint for a meeting of the National Association of Journalists, so the members can determine if the series should win one of its top three prizes for investigative reporting.
Develop a 10–12 slide presentation in which you:
- Revise the ideas and concepts from Parts 1 and 2 of your articles, based on your professor’s feedback, to include the ideas in your presentation as needed.
- In addition to posting to the discussion board, submit the slide presentation to the assignment location to receive credit.
Your slide deck should:
- Introduce the topic area with a quote, question, and/or statistic, along with an overview and a thesis statement. (Grab the audience’s interest.)
- Highlight 3–5 major historical factors (social events/attitudes, wars, laws, economy, political environment, et cetera) in the past 50–100 years that have contributed to the current issue(s)/problems for this topic area.
- Highlight 3–5 major current issues/problems (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera).
- Describe 1–2 groups of people affected by the issue/problem, including 1–2 quotes and/or paraphrased comments from the people affected.
- Propose 2–3 changes (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) that could possibly improve the situation.
- Highlight 2–3 likely challenges (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) to achieving the proposed change(s).
- Provide a brief logical response to each of the challenges.
- Highlight 2–3 possible benefits (economic, social, political, legal, et cetera) that could be realized following the proposed change(s).
- Include 2–3 thought-provoking questions to which the audience should be asked to respond.
- Provide a summary of the articles you have written that includes a quote, question, and/or statistic, along with a call for readers to respond by taking some specific action.
- Include commentary (speaker’s) notes for the presentation in the notes section of the deck.
- Include meaningful headings, short bulleted lists, and 2–4 visuals (photographs, charts, and/or graphs).
- The last slide will include the source list for the presentation..
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Create a presentation of the challenges and benefits of the proposed changes to societal issues and problems concerning class, ethnicity, gender, or race that reflects increased cultural knowledge and self-awareness.
Need your ASSIGNMENT done? Use our paper writing service to score better and meet your deadline.
Click Here to Make an Order Click Here to Hire a Writer