A health communication plan is important for maximizing available resources, measuring success, and gathering support for an intervention. For this assignment, you will create the first part of a health communication plan. In a narrative of 1,000-1,250 words, address each of the following elements:
- Defining the problem – Select a health issue and address the following questions. What is occurring? Who is affected, and to what degree? What should be occurring? What could happen if the problem is not resolved?
- Contributing factors – What are the factors that contribute to the problem? Address predisposing, reinforcing, and enabling factors. What needs to change (e.g., individual behavior, policies, or environmental conditions)?
- Relevant theory or model – Describe one behavior change or communication theory/model that helps explain the behaviors related to the health issue and can guide the development of communication messages.
- Evidence-based intervention – Select an evidence-based intervention and address the following questions. On what evidence is this this intervention based? Will communication play a primary or supporting role?
- Audience(s) – Identify the primary audience as well as secondary or other audiences.
Incorporate at least five resources to support your narrative.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,