Using this audio I acted as an employee at a large manufacturing company. I enjoy working at this job and my performance is superior. My boss and I are getting ready to have a meeting as to me getting a good appraisal. But, I also have an issue that I feel is a good time to address. The manager has tried to elicit information about my personal life, has a tendency of patting me on my arms. He even tried asking me out for coffee. Im very uncomfortable and I feel he should no. I think we should even include a moderator on speaker phone during the meeting.
Write a 1 and a half page debrief about:
– How did the session start out once the roles were read?
– What were your impressions of the role play? What were the issues?
– How was the conflict addressed?
– Provide evidence of what you observed, in the other person under the ‘To What Extent Did You…” Use these sections as a starting point in your assignment. Answer the following:
-What emotions were shown? By who and in what way?
– In what ways did either party express concern, support, judgement, empathy? -Pick a role (Manager/Employee) What would you have done differently in the conversation to address the conflict and then what solutions would you recommend improving the working relationship