Planning and Implementing Marketing
- Outline the planning process of creating a marketing plan
- Explain the important considerations in implementing a marketing plan
This discussion forum explores the important considerations when developing a marketing plan.
Your participation in the discussion forum including:
- Step 1 An initial post in response to question(s) by the due date
- Step 2 Responses to at least two other students’ posts by the until date
View the rubric for grading criteria. (See the “gear” icon.) Review this document for information about discussion expectations and for the philosophy behind discussion assignments. Review the syllabus for etiquette expectations.
Replies are visible after your initial post is completed (Step 1).
Step 1 Initial post is a response to ONE of the scenarios.
Post your answers to the discussion board.
- Scenario 1: Imagine that you are the newly appointed Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Big Established Company Inc. (BEC). BEC has been around for more than 50 years and has many well-known brands, the majority of which command large market shares. Your first task is to develop a marketing plan. What kinds of things will you consider? How would the types of products or services affect your answers? How might your approach differ from what would be proposed in Scenario 2?
- Scenario 2: Now imagine that you have been appointed the CMO at Small New Start-Up Company, Inc (SNSU). SNSU is a new company which hopes to challenge the entrenched players. Again, your first task is to develop a marketing plan. What kinds of things will you consider? How would the types of products or services affect your answers? How might your approach differ from what would be proposed in Scenario 1?
- Be sure to address the strategic, functional, and operational aspects of a marketing plan.
- The brief scenarios have been left purposefully vague; feel free to add in further creative details about the types of products BEC or SNSU produces or other aspects of the company (as long as in doing so it helps market planning).